— Guilermo Del Toro - How Pacific Rim saved his life
“I wanted to show that men and women can be friends without having a relationship,” says del Toro of the relationship between the two main characters Mako (played by Japanese actress Rinko Kikuchi) and Raleigh (“Sons of Anarchy” star Charlie Hunnam). “Theirs is a story about partnership, equality and a strong bond between partners. It’s important for little girls to know not every story has to be a love story and for boys to know that soldiers aren’t the only ones to triumph in war.”
Nice article, worth a read. (via pacificrimbrinkrp)
kitsune-jade said: Wait, wait. Are people actually saying they are going to boycott Agent Carter because of the news about Jan? Of all the things to boycott, Agent FUCKING CARTER? Are people even thinking logically? How in the world would that make the Marvel execs rethink their decision. I mean how does Agent Carter directly affect what happened to Jan? Shouldn't people boycott or you know stop giving support to the project in which Jan should be in like Ant-Man or Avengers? What. Just. What?! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Well, you have to remember that Marvel fandom loves nothing more than pitting women against each other, so the “I’M BOYCOTTING AGENT CARTER BECAUSE I’M NOT GETTING JAN” is actually a sequel in a long line of fail that also included these blockbusters:
1. I’m Boycotting the Black Widow Solo Book Because It’s Not A Mockingbird Solo
2. I’m Boycotting the Black Widow Solo Book Because Remender Fridged Sharon
3. I’m Boycotting the Black Widow Solo Book Because Marvel Only Cares About Black Widow
4. Carol Danvers Is the Only Female Character Who Deserves a Solo Movie
5. Carol Danvers Deserves a Solo Movie More Than Black Widow
6. Natasha Stole Sharon’s Role In CATWS
7 . Maria Hill Stole Sharon’s Role in CATWS
8. Jessica Drew and Natasha Have No Right To Be In Secret Avengers Because MOCKINGBIRD IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!
9. Sif is More Important Than Jane Foster FOR FEMINISM
10. Jane Foster Is More Important Than Sif FOR FEMINISM.
So you know. Marvel Fandom: Pitting Women Against Each Other Since They Unfortunately Gained Access to the Internet. This particular failure is standard operating procedure.